Audrey Breton - "Process Water" Team Leader
Audrey is a chemical engineer who graduated from the ENSIACET of Toulouse (an engineering school specialized in chemical and technological arts). She earned a competency certificate in water treatment and management from the CNAM Midi-Pyrénées and a PhD from the National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse (INPT), for work on a biofiltration process.
After gaining five years of experience in a laboratory, Audrey joined the Total in Lacq, in 2014, as an engineer in charge of the water treatment laboratory. She is in charge of research, development and process optimization and is therefore considered highly competent in biotreatment. As part of the job, Audrey manages research projects for different branches in Total, both in-house and in collaboration with external partners (Suez, Veolia, GE, INSA, University of Madrid, etc.). She also takes part in site audits, diagnoses and assessment campaigns, where she identifies anomalies, improvements to be made, and makes technical recommendations. Audrey has contributed to the development of software utilities for Total, such as the water treatment database (water treatment decision-making utility).
In september 2017, Audrey joined Gonfreville as "Process Water" Team Leader in the Water-Refining-Chemicals team of the Industrial Division.
View Audrey's profile on LinkedIn.
- Technical management of the BIOMEM project (2nd prize, Best Innovators 2017): biotreatment of produced water.
- Two patents filed:
- EP16193380.9 – (11/10/2016) – Process and facility for treating produced water from an oil & gas field – TOTAL SA; SUEZ INTERNATIONAL.
- PCT/IB2017/000568 – (14/04/2017) – Method for purifying produced water from a subterranean hydrocarbon formation – TOTAL SA.
- Two proceedings:
- Breton A., et al., 2016 – Advantage of ozone treatment of produced water upstream of biotreatment – Proceedings of the Water Information Days.
- Lesage N. et al., 2015 – Oil Sands Process-affected Water (OSPW) Treatment by Hybrid Bio-oxidation – Proceedings of the WHOC.
- Four conferences (co-author or speaker):
- 2015 WHOC – World Heavy Oil Congress, Edmonton, Alberta – LESAGE Nicolas, BALDONI-ANDREY Patrick, BRETON Audrey, FAUCHER Karine, FU You, WANG Mike, TAKYI Andrews – Oil Sands Process-affected Water (OSPW) Treatment by Hybrid Bio-oxidation.
- 2016 TUV NEL “Produced Water Workshop”, Aberdeen (June 2016) – P. Baldoni-Andrey, A. Breton, N. Lesage, P. Pedenaud, B. Segues, S. Baig, C. Fuchs, C. Wallis, B. Garnier – Innovative treatment of organic soluble compounds present in produced water.
- 2016 Water Information Days, Poitiers (October 2016) – A. Breton, P. Baldoni-Andrey, N. Lesage, P. Pedenaud, B. Segues, S. Baig, C. Fuchs, B. Garnier. – Advantage of ozone treatment of produced water upstream of biotreatment.
- 2017 TEKNA, Stavanger (January 2017) – A. Breton, P. Baldoni-Andrey, N. Lesage, P. Pedenaud, B. Segues, S. Baig, C. Fuchs, B. Garnier – Innovative treatment of organic soluble compounds present in produced water.