Dominique Larrey, multiphase flow expert and head of the Flow Assurance-Multiphase Flow section for the Procedures department
Dominique Larrey is a petroleum engineer trained at the École nationale des ponts et chaussées (ENPC). She joined Total in 1982, at which time she shifted her focus to upstream petroleum processes, particularly design engineering for production processes. She specialises in multiphase production, specifically the management of effluent flows between production wells and treatment facilities as well as within export systems. After her time as a Flow Assurance Process Manager assigned to the Qatargas I project from 1993 to 1994, she returned to the head office to assist with the South Pars 2 & 3 and Dolphin projects. Dominique Larrey was named a multiphase flow expert in 2011. Since 2012, she has been the head of the Flow Assurance-Multiphase Flow section for the Procedures department of the Development Studies division. She is responsible for consolidating and disseminating expertise in her area through the reference system that provides valuable resources to a nascent cross-functional discipline.
- At Total, Dominique Larrey contributed to development studies for fields involving multiphase production located in the North Sea, South-East Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Tierra del Fuego.
- For the South Pars 2 & 3 and Dolphin projects, she helped introduce the innovative “Wet Scheme” concept for block production in the North Field gas field off the coast of Qatar and Iran, and took part in the development of the deep offshore oil fields in Angola and Nigeria. Total EP awarded her the Boldness Prize in 1997.
- She lends her expertise to the flow modelling components of the Deep Offshore R&D programme, particularly in relation to Ledaflow, the multiphase flow simulation software developed in partnership with ConocoPhillips, SINTEF (Foundation for Scientific and Industrial Research) and Kongsberg.
- From 2006 to 2009, Dominique Larrey taught at the IFP School (ENSPM) and École Centrale Paris, focusing on the specifics of multiphase flows. She also supervised doctoral and post-doctoral projects on this topic at the Institut de Mécanique des Fluides de Toulouse (IMFT).
- In 2007 she received the Innovation & Communication Prize from Total EP for her presentation “Investigation of a subsea separation station operating envelope using sub-surface to topsides integrated dynamic simulations” at the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC).
Dominique Larrey is the author of numerous publications:
- MCE Deepwater Development 2014: Investigation of Slug Flow in Deep Water Architectures, Y. Olaniyan, C. Candelier, M.-K. Decrin, D. Larrey, Total;
- BHGR Multiphase Technology Conference 2014, Banff, Canada: Taking Advantage of Bypass Pigging for Slug Catcher Sizing & Pigging Operations, Y. Olaniyan, D. Larrey, T. Saint-Pierre, A. Mokhtar, A. Nancy, Total;
- International Petroleum Technology Conference 2014, Doha, Qatar: How Mastering Flow Assurance Software Can Help the Industry Take Up the Challenges of Marginal and Remote Field Developments and Unlock Reserves?, C. Candelier, F. Papot, A. Musi, D. Larrey, Total E&P.