Jean-Baptiste Geldof, project manager of the web-GIS platform re-design
Jean-Baptiste GELDOF is a surveying/topographical engineer who graduated from the INSA of Strasbourg. He joined the Total group in 2012, and started working as part of the Exploration & Production department in charge of characterizing the geomorphological, metocean, geophysical and geotechnical environment of production sites.
He carried out several assignments in affiliates where he gained experience in conducting geodesic, topographical and geophysical acquisition surveys. Alongside this, he acquired extensive skills in using geographic information systems for hydrocarbon field development studies. In 2016, he was appointed project manager, in charge of developing the new platform that will be used by all E&P employees to view map data on the web (web-GIS),
- Jean-Baptiste was in charge of topographical and geophysical data acquisition surveys in Nigeria, Azerbaijan, Gabon and Qatar. He supervised several campaigns to position platforms, cables and pipelines in Nigeria and Myanmar. He is also heavily involved in the cartographic processing and analysis of geophysical data, particularly of deep-offshore data acquired by AUVs (Autonomous Underwater Vehicles).
- He is currently managing the Kompass project, aimed at developing a web application that can be used by all E&P employees (HSE, Development, Exploration) to view their geographical data.
- Active participation in research projects (IFREMER, SHOM, CIDCO, University of Perpignan, Moscow State University, British Geological Survey, Géoazur, University of Bordeaux).
- Jean-Baptiste teaches courses on geodesy and positioning for the IFP School's Master program in geophysics, and courses on geographic information systems applied to the oil industry to Master-level students at the French National Geography School.
4D assessment of shallow water seabed with repeated multi-beam hydrographic survey
- March 1, 2017, description of the article, OTC 2017.
- OTC 2017; 4D assessment of shallow water seabed with repeated multi-beam hydrographic survey. JB. Geldof, Total SA France, C. Labaune, Créocéan, G. Naankeu-Wati, SubCmarine. To learn more clik here
Pockmarks on the South Margin continental slope: the seabed expression of past fluid circulation and bottom currents.
- July 2017, description of the publicationProceedings of the Academy of Sciences - Geosciences 2017
- Proceedings of the Academy of sciences – Geosciences 2017 – Pockmarks on the South Margin continental slope: the seabed expression of past fluid circulation and bottom currents – G. Michel, S. Dupré, A. Baltzer, A. Ehrlold, P. Imbert, M. Pitel, B. Loubrieu, C. Scalabrin, P. Lazaure, L. Marié, J.B. Geldof, E. Deville.
Error budget estimation applied to hydrographic surveys
- Nov. 1 2016, The International Hydrographic Review (IHO), November 2016
3D laser scanning of EP assets
- Dec. 2015, internal publication in the "Technological Letter",
- 3D laser scanning of EP assets. J.B. Geldof, Total SA France, D. Trichet, Total SA France, M. Birades, Total SA France.
GIS Analysis of Pockmarks form 3D Seismic Exploration Surveys
- May 01, 2014, description of the publication, OTC 2014.
- OTC 2014 – GIS Analysis of Pockmarks form 3D Seismic Exploration Surveys – JB. Geldof, Total SA France, J. Gafeira, British Geological Survey UK, J. Contet, Total SA France, S. Marquet, Total SA France.